Εμφάνιση ενός μόνο μηνύματος
Παλιά 13-03-11, 22:26
QS-Plan Ο χρήστης QS-Plan δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος
Banned

Περιοχή: Τριανδρία (home) - Συκιές (work)
Προεπιλογή

Μόλις έφυγε το complaint....
παραλήπτες...
cs.thessaloniki@Ikea.gr
info@ikea.se
info@ikea.com

Dear Sirs.

Recently I have visited one of your stores in my hometown, Thessaloniki, Greece.
Having seen IKEA moto "affordable solutions for better living" in the main webpage of all your national stores, I assume you're talking about human beings and not animals.
You are also declaring that "The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people". This includes doing what we can to help create a world where we take better care of the environment, the earth’s resources, and each other. We know this continuous improvement is a never-ending job, and that we are sometimes part of the problem. But we work hard to be part of the solution."

You also want people to apply for support, and one of the requirements/Requests that is not considered favourably, is Animal Welfare Organisations and charities.

You also declare that from an environmental perspective the IKEA Group has a partnership with WWF (the global conservation organisation).

I am deeply sorry for not seeing this clearly. To be more honest the IKEA store in Thessaloniki is not following IKEA guidelines, as it should be.

As you could see in the attached file, IKEA store in Thessaloniki is keeping a goldfish in a small round, something like a jar. Goldfishes should never be kept in an unfiltered tank, as the water will become toxic mainly by the presence of ammonia arising from their own waste, filtration helps to clean the water which in turn keeps your goldfish healthy. Goldfish need oxygen in their water to breathe, this enters through movement at the surface of the water. Using an air pump can be helpful in oxygenating the water. A tank with filtration will enable you to keep the water quality better creating a healthier environment for your fish.

Due to this fact, you are violating plenty of articles of the "European Convention for the protection of pet animals" (Concluded at Strasbourg on 13 November 1987, and signed by Greece on 29th of April 1992, with effect from 1st of November 1992).

Specifically, according to CHAPTER II - PRINCIPLES FOR THE KEEPING OF PET ANIMALS, you are violating the following articles
Article 3
Basic principles for animal welfare
\. Nobody shall cause a pet animal unnecessary pain, suffering or distres

Article 4
Keeping
1. Any person who keeps a pet animal or who has agreed to look after it shall be responsible for its health and welfare.
2. Any person who is keeping a pet animal or who is looking after it shall provide accommodation, care and attention which take account of the etnológica! needs of the animal in accordance with its species and breed, in particular:
a. give it suitable and sufficient food and water ;
b. provide it with adequate opportunities for exercise ;
c. take all reasonable measures to prevent its escape.
3. An animal shall not be kept as a pet animal if:
a. the conditions of paragraph 2 above are not met or if,
b. in spite of these conditions being met, the animal cannot adapt itself to captivity.

Article 9
Advertising, entertainment, exhibitions, competitions and similar events
1. Pet animals shall not be used in advertising, entertainment, exhibitions, competitions and similar events unless :
a. the organiser has created appropriate conditions for the pet animals to be treated in accordance with the requirements of Article 4, paragraph 2, and
b. the pet animals' health and welfare are not put at risk.

I am expecting an official statement both by IKEA branch and IKEA store in Thessaloniki as well. I also would like to be kept informed about the progress of this complaint handling.

Sincerely yours,
Konstantinos Iliadis
Απάντηση με παράθεση

Page generated in 0,02239 seconds with 11 queries